Request Free Demo
The return on investment for an intraoral scanner will depend to a large extent on how your dental practice is currently set up. Factors such as the services that make up most of your business, what you see as growth areas, how many repetitions of impressions and device remakes you perform on average, and how progressive or traditional your demographic goal will be if the scanning technology intraoral is worth the financial cost and the learning curve. The dentists we talked to who said they were satisfied with their purchase gave the following reasons.
- Increase In Overall Efficiency
- Greater Precision
- Cost Effective
- Patient Satisfaction
- Reliably Locate Old Models
- Multiple Services
- Traditional Impressions
- Increase in overall efficiency, particularly faster response times from start to finish. Similar to the speed difference in sending a letter by traditional mail versus email, a digital scan is electronically loaded, so there is no delay in receiving and the manufacturing process can begin immediately. Patients with sleep apnea are treated more quickly, which is appreciated by both patients and referral providers.
- Greater precision with Dentist EMR Software in Saudi Arabia, which in turn means less remakes and less chair time. We have not been able to find peer-reviewed studies specifically on the accuracy of oral devices for digital impressions of sleep apnea versus traditional impressions, and a review article of 2017 found precision results that were mixed, depending on the type of device or implant to be used created from the impression.
- Cost savings due to the purchase of less traditional printing material. Particularly if you make many full-mouth impressions, cost savings and storage space savings can be substantial.
- Satisfied patients and reference providers, especially if this generates more references. Patients appreciate not having to endure the discomfort of traditional print materials, and some may be motivated to seek treatment that they otherwise would not have.
- Replacements and duplicates of simpler oral devices with EMR Software in Saudi Arabia. If the patient’s dog eats his oral device (yes, this has happened) or simply if a frequent traveler wants to keep a second device in his suitcase, he can usually order a new device online using the saved scans (as long as the teeth of the patient have not moved). This is in comparison with traditional discharges, where normally the dental laboratory would not be able to reliably locate old models.
- Opportunities for use in multiple services and multiple types of dentistry. Dentists who buy intraoral scanners generally use them for services ranging from dental sleep to orthodontics and implants, among others. If you offer multiple services, investigate if there are established uses for digital scanning between the various types of services.
- Cloudpital E-Clinic Software in Saudi Arabia Portability If you practice in multiple locations, you probably only need to buy an Intraoral Scanners. Particularly if associated with doctors or other health care facilities on site to take oral impressions of the device, the portability of taking digital impressions is an advantage over traditional impressions.