Human Resources specialists often have to make decisions that could affect productivity, profitability and morale altogether. Business intelligence solutions today play an important role in helping the HR professionals to analyse the overall team and individual performances, anticipate changes in a job description and recommend training programs to manage healthcare enrolment schedules, vacation schedules and many other tasks. With the help of HR analytics you can better understand trends and trade-offs, then share that insight with colleagues and utilize it to find creative solutions.
At the analytical level, the HR function can use BI to analyse issues by team, department, region, division, manager, role, individual and many other factors. Slice and dice, drill through, drill up and drill down features, combined with simple-to-use graphical capabilities, gauges, personalised, automated alerts, charts and other features enable the HR professional to make clear, assertive decisions and provide employees and management team with timely advice. Data integrated from enterprise systems must be presented in a protected view with comprehensive user access security features as the HR files and data is extremely confidential and data security is a major concern.
- Flexible, clear reporting and analysis of HR data with complete security and confidentiality is provided.
- Internal and outsourced information is integrated with operational and financial data throughout the enterprise.
- A self-serve environment is created in which the HR team can present information requested by managers, employees and users, through queries and analytical tools.
- A user-friendly, easy to implement solution that any user can understand and use is provided.
- Features easily customizable, flexible dashboards to view and Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Simple, ad-hoc query and reporting for recruitment, employee evaluation and other activities is ensured.
- Service levels, sales, customer relationships and product management are monitored in order to create a true picture of individual and team performance against well-defined objectives.
- A strategic asset is created within an organisation by aligning staffing needs with strategic goals along with defining the goals of the organisation so that the skills and staffing levels of the organisation are suitable, in order to meet the strategy defined by the executive team.
- Understand staffing trends along with managing productivity and labour hours.
- Areas of risk with what-if planning are identified.
- Audit Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) issues, for example, race and gender.
- Security delays are avoided by keeping employee data secure and sharable with authorized managers, right in a web browser.
Identify and mitigate risk
This dashboard provides insight into the number and types of claims made within a given company with locations in many counties in Washington State. Very quickly it becomes clear as to the location of the largest amount of claims – Clark County. This might be surprising since there are far fewer people located in that county as opposed to others, and perhaps requires some further investigation. By drilling into the details, we can see the breakdown of the injury causes as well as the cost to cover these claims.
Employee Productivity Analysis
Hire too little and growth and quality suffer. Hire too much, and costs go up as productivity goes down. Companies must ensure that they’re well covered for key positions but not over-saturated to avoid waste of time and money.
Bilytica lets you monitor trends in demand as well as drill into more specific details so you can find areas to be more productive.
The dashboard lets you select a particular dentist to see the monthly trend in visits. Select a given dentist to view his or her patient’s profile. Such information can identify areas of expertise and help you target your marketing spend or hiring decisions.
Identify patterns in hiring, firing and promotions across your company
Until you collect all of your personnel data and look at it you don’t know what is really going in your workforce. This dashboard gives a simple and clear view into how many people are changing positions, joining or leaving the company. Hiring is up, but transfers are down.
The lower views show last year’s performance rating broken down by supervisor, employee type and terminations by group.
Visual analysis can help you identify areas of risk that you otherwise might miss in a large workforce. This view shows all the groups in your company by age and number of employees. The groups that have very few and relatively older members need to be targeted for succession planning to reduce risk.
HR policies affect employee morale and retention, as well as the bottom line, so it’s critical to get them right. Use data to do what-if planning and calibrate your policies to get them right.
This dashboard lets you do what-if planning about your retirement age. The top view shows a histogram of employees by years from retirement. The bottom view profiles each group in the company, breaking each group down by percent of employees and time from retirement.
Use the slider in the top right to see the outcome if you set policy at different retirement ages. Simply by changing the age parameter you can better understand the effects of any policy that you set.