Phocas helps users discover data and provides results in real time. It is designed for non-technical users and delivers a simple yet powerful analytical capability that quickly turns data into a chart, graph or map. It brings up data on local, regional or global sales, inventory, forecasts, prices, profit margins, budgets and more.
Phocas, based in the United Kingdom, is a business intelligence firm with offices in the UK, the United States, and Australia. The vendor says that by offering an innovative data discovery solution, it has maintained a 97 percent customer retention rate.
Phocas Business Intelligence Features
BI Platform Features
- Administration via Web Interface
- Snapshot of External Data
- In-memory data model
- OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- ETL Capability
- ETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Data sources that can be consumed by the application.
- MS Excel Workbooks
- Text Files (CSV, etc)
- MS SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- Cloudera Hadoop
- Hortonworks Hadoop
- EMC Greenplum
- IBM Netezza
- HP Vertica
- SAP Hana
- Sage 500
- Google Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Standard reporting means pre-built or canned reports available to users without having to create them.
- Customizable dashboards
- Report Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Ad-Hoc Reports are reports built by the user to meet highly specific requirements.
- Drill-down analysis
- Formatting capabilities
- Predictive modeling
- Report sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Ability to schedule and manager report output.
- Publish to PDF
- Output Raw Supporting Data
- Report Versioning
- Report Delivery Scheduling
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Data Discovery and Visualization is the analysis of multiple data sources in a search for pattern and outliers and the ability to represent the data visually.
- Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Predictive Analytics
Access Control and Security Features
Access control means being able to determine who has access to which data.
- Multi-User Support (named login)
- Role-Based Security Model
- Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Report-Level Access Control
- Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Support for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Responsive Design for Web Access
- Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile